E-max crowns are an excellent example for aesthetics crowns and also very good in durability and strength.
They are made from a single block of lithium discilate ceramic, which have a translucent color and due its translucent color, it is similar to your natural teeth. Another advantage of e-max crowns are they don't have a metal alloy base and that means even if your gums recede, the dark color will not shown up in your gumline.
When to choose e-max crowns?
- cosmetic dentistry restorations
- stained teeth
- crooked or fractured teeth
E-max crowns are very strong but they still have potential to fracture the same as a natural tooth. Avoid doing anything with a crown or bridge that could damage a natural tooth. Do not chew ice as extreme temperature change increases the fracture of crowns and natural teeth.
1. Consultation and X-Ray
2. To accommodate the new emax crown a section of your natural tooth’s structure is removed.
3. Impression taken of the original tooth to produce a permanent crown
4. Temporary crown fitted whilst the permanent crown is being made
5. Fixing of the permanent emax crown