Dental veneers are thin shells of tooth coloured materials that are custom made to fit over teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth.
Veneers are thin and translucent, giving a very natural look under fluorescent light and flash photography, making them popular for people seeking a perfect smile.
What are Laminate Veneers & What are LUMINEERS®?
LUMINEERS® is a brand of porcelain veneers. The manufacture and placing differentiates traditional Laminate Veneers and Dental LUMINEERS®. LUMINEERS® are contact lens thin and fixed over the existing tooth without removing any of the tooth structure. There must be enough remaining tooth surface on which to adhere the Veneers to ensure a good long term result. Your cosmetic dentist will help decide which option is best for you.
What are the advantages of Dental Veneers?
- Provide a very natural tooth appearance
- Gums accept porcelain well
- Porcelain Veneers are resistant to stains
- Made to perfectly match the colour of existing teeth
Laminate Veneers are a quick, aesthetic option to correct unattractive front teeth. Porcelain Veneers are a very successful option in many situations where the original tooth has developed poor colour, shape and contours. It is also a good choice for fractured teeth or gaps between teeth. Laminate Veneers consist of a compilation of several thin ceramic layers which replace original tooth enamel, and an adhesive layer. They are the mostly used Cosmetic dentistry procedure or sometimes known as the 'Hollywood Smile'.
1. Consultation and an X-ray
2. Prepare the tooth for the veneer
3. Creation of model or impression of the tooth
4. Colour matching to adjoining teeth and area fitting
5. Bonding the veneer permanently to the tooth with cement
6. Evaluating the bite and removal of any excess cement
7. Final adjustments for a perfect fir and smile